Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Slow down the ride!!!

J is 9 months old today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like not long ago I was so excited to be at a late point in her pregnancy and now she is growing up fast.

I always felt that C's Down syndrome made it possible for me to enjoy the "baby" time so much more. Well, now having J, I can see how right I was. I loved that extra time with Cand I am in awe of the speed of time with J.

9 short months ago, this little being came into the world. She was so peaceful and so helpless. Now she is crawling, pulling up, walking around furniture and standing alone for about 5 seconds. 9 short months ago, she was too tiny to easily even take a bottle. Now she tries to eat anything she can get her hands on including some gnawing on C'c pizza. (keep in mind she only has 2 teeth) 9 months ago, I would just hold her non-stop. Now I have to rock her to sleep if I want a chance to hold her. A few weeks ago, I just sat and held her sleeping for about 3 hours. It was so peaceful and so rare. I wasn't going to miss my chance.

So, while I know this is scattered, know that, while I wouldn't change anything about either of my girls, I would love to slow down the ride and enjoy the little ups and downs and turns that go along with being a mother.

4 comments:

Crittle said...

Wow! What a big girl she is already! In my head, she's still the little newborn in your signature photo.

sweetpeas said...

I feel that way all the time.... Slow down the ride it goes WAY too fast! What a big girl she is!

sweetpeas said...

I feel that way all the time.... Slow down the ride it goes WAY too fast! What a big girl she is!

leah said...

Wow, how time flies. She's a beautiful little girl- you have two happy, beautiful girls :)
What fun to watch them grow.