Well, it's official. The flu has hit our house. I don't mean the gastro thing that people call the flu. I mean the full blown Influenza A flu. As the dr. described it, it's like your worst cold ever multiplied by 10! That plus a fever up to 105! And of all people to get it, C. The poor little think is miserable. We are treating her with Motrin and Tamaflu and just have to wait it out for the 5 or so days.
Of course, the dr. came in with the results and first question... did you get the flu shot for her. No, I said. Doogie Howser just gave me the look like, see! (I love this guy but he is crazy young) I explained that if they would get the mercury free version I'd pay for it out of pocket but I will not inject mercury into her. He explained that it's a very small amount. Yes, I do know that. I then explained that we KNOW C will have cognitive delays. I have no intention of putting something into her that may (I will say may until I know 100%) cause further problems. If I had it to do all over, I would do it the same all over again. I am willing to go through 5 days of miserable (I have already been thrown up on 3 times) for a lifetime of not wondering if I should have given the vaccine. Luckily Doogie did say that next year they will be getting some mercury free so I will be the first in line with my checkbook if needed. I stick by my decision but to then go to the check out desk, have the same conversation with the receptionist, then the pharmacy tech... listen people! When it's your child with the delays, it's your choice to make. I made mine and I'd do it again!
I am a good mommy who only wants what is best for my girl. I have a medical background and go into these things with lots of thought. Quit asking me ok?
Well off to get some Motrin into her and clean up the messiest (yet still cute) nose I have ever seen!
Follow me on Facebook
6 years ago