Saturday, March 15, 2008

12 Weeks vs. 12 Weeks



12 weeks
84 days
2,016 hours
120,960 minutes

12 weeks is 12 weeks right? Wrong. I have learned that the speed in which 12 weeks move depends on what you are counting during the 12 weeks. When I am pregnant, 12 weeks is like an eternity. 12 weeks is where we took little bit of a deep breath, where I could stop the hormones and where we entered the second tri-mester. With both of our succesful pregnancies, those 12 weeks moved so very slow. Every day I would go to bed thankful that I hadn't had any spotting, that my appointments were going well. Every morning, I woke up wondering if this would be the day. Would this be the day that my baby stopped growing, the day the dream would end.

Now that J is here, 12 weeks has just flown by. 12 weeks is where she is smiling, cooing, showing her great little personality. Every day I go to bed happily exhausted thankful for my 2 beautiful girls, thankful that I can now be home with them during the day and watch them grow instead of someone else getting to spend most of their waking hours with them. Each morning I wake up wondering if this will be the day. The day that C says J's name clear as can be, the day that J will belly laugh for the first time.

12 weeks... an eternity that can pass by you are the speed of light.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Isn't it amazing? How about the last 3 1/2 years? It seems like 12 weeks ago. J is super cute and C is as darling as ever! I'm so glad you're home with them and we better get more updates!!

Becky said...

It goes so fast. How trite it is when people say that, but it's true. It's bittersweet, isn't it? Congrats on your career change...do you get a discount at the store? (That alone would be worth a job there!)

Your girls are just lovely. I hope to see you soon. I forgot to drop off the diapers AGAIN. Bad, bad, BAD Becky.

Kacey Bode said...

I don't know how I have not found your blog before. Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!!!