Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Well, I have another reason to celebrate this Mother's Day. I was lucky enough to be blessed with another beautiful daughter.

Mother's Day is still always a bittersweet day for me. It is a day I remember the 6 Mother's Days that I was so sad, wanting to be a mother to a child here on earth. I had angel babies, but no living children. I did consider myself a mother, but to everyone else, I wasn't. I look into the eyes of my 2 girls, but also look into the sky and wonder about the 8 others who just didn't make it to us. Would they have been boys or girls, would they have my eyes, dh's chin, etc.

I view our lost babies as bodies that couldn't make it to earth. I always felt they were the same soul, but that soul just needed to find the right body. At the same time, I still see each as a little being and a little being to be mourned.

While I am so happy for myself, I am sad for all of the women out there who are longing for a child in their arms. The ones who haven't met that special person who they want to have a child with. The ones who have been trying and it just isn't happening. The ones who are on an adoption waiting list. The ones who had the joy of a positive pregnancy test only to find out the baby couldn't survive. To ones who lost a child after birth. For all of these mothers, I still shed tears on Mother's Day. I now know the joy and I wish every woman with the desire to have a child, could have it. I am so sad that they miss out on what I am so blessed to experience.

So, to all mothers, those with living children, those with angels and all of those with the dream of a child in their hearts, I wish you peace on this day and hope that you know, you are a mother.


5 comments:

Becky said...

I just came by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. (((hugs))) for your two precious babies on earth and your precious babies in Heaven.

Laura said...

That was beautiful Peggy ~ Happy Mothers Day and Happy Belated Birthday to you. I love that picture below of you and the girls!
Hope to see you again this year at the Buddy Walk!

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

As a mommy of angel babies I can relate.

I hope you had a great mother's day!

sweetpeas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweetpeas said...

so beautifully written