Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tic, tic, tic!

Tried to post this last night but the computer was not cooperating...


Well, my 42nd birthday is almost over. It was a very normal day. Traffic and a typical work day. At home we just did carry out and played outside with Cfor a while. Then 3 loads of laundry. A shower and now I am online. Nothing glamorous. Not quite how I had envisioned my birthdays a while back.

This is not where I expected to be in my life at the age of 42. I thought I would be happily married, a happily working mom in a graphics job I loved. 2 or 3 kids who would all be about 7 to 10ish and enough money to be comfortable.

Well, we are fine on the money part but other parts, not so much. I have zits on my face like a 13 year old this week. I am pretty happily married but very unhappy at my job. I have one living child and 8 angels in heaven.

The big kicker is never in my image of the future did I see myself as a parent of a child with "special needs". Nope, that was NOT in the picture. Of course, I did indeed luck out. The picture is more perfect then I had imagined. I have many wonderful friends, I have wonderful family I have a pretty ok husband some days and I have a beautiful daughter that I could not imagine being any more perfect.

It may not be the future I was dreaming of but it is as it was meant to be and I am one lucky 42 year old.

No comments: