Wednesday, July 4, 2007

shhh... don't ever tell people you like to take pictures!





Here is how it started...

Her: Wanna go walk around the store?

Me: Sure (with hesitation)

H: Hey, I hear you take pictures.

M: Well, I have a decent camera and take lots of pictures of C.

H: What are you doing Sunday? (this is on Tuesday)

M: Why, do you need pictures for the newspaper? (thinking engagement annoucement)

H: No, a wedding. (laughs)

M: Oh no, no, no... I don't do weddings. No, no weddings!

Well, to say the least she talked me into it. It was a very small family affair in someone's home. They were not looking for a 20x24 portrait, just a documentation of the day and pictures of her with her grandmother. They are going to have an official wedding next June (long story but I understand the reasoning) but her grandmother is elderly and she is afraid she may not be here by then. That's right... she guilted me with the elderly grandmother ploy!!! (she herself will make a wonderful mother one day with guilting abilities like that!)

So, Sunday came and I think I was as nervous as the bride. I had discussed the images she would like to capture. My battery was 100% and the memory card was empty and ready for lots and lots of pictures. The day was beautiful as was the bride and off it went.

I think it went pretty well. I had a good time and ended up spending a lot of time on editing to just clean up little things but I think they will be happy with the end result.

Note to self and others too... if you take photos... keep it to yourself! It was fun, worked out well but the thought of not doing a good job had me stressing myself out!




4 comments:

Denise said...

Those are just beautiful!! They are going to just love them!
Great pictures as usual!!

Denise

Jennifer said...

so great Peggy!

Jessica said...

You have such a eye for these things though! I love the photos of the flowers and trees that you take. Of course I can't leave out the ones of C!

Those are simply gorgeous. You did a wonderful job for a rookie!

D said...

The pictures are just beautiful Peggy! You did a fantastic job!

Right now I absolutely refuse to do weddings - it's just too much pressure. I don't know if I could resist the elderly grandmother ploy though...

Awesome work! Maybe this could become a side gig for you... ;)
D