Thursday, April 12, 2007

You Can Have it All... No you can't!


Well, I have come to realize you can't have it all. Go ahead and slam me if you want. It's my blog and I can just delete your comments if you don't agree!

I always said that even when I had kids, I wanted to work outside the home. I thought it was amazing those women who could do it all. Have kids and a life! Well, I have it alright and I hate it!

I say, yes, you can work full time outside the home. You can be a parent. You can do it all. Can you do it all well? I don't think so.

I hate being a working mom. I find nothing glamorous about it. I find it draining physically and even more emotionally. I hate waking C up from a cozy sleep to take her to daycare. I love her daycare, but I hate when they call me to pick her up sick and I actually have to worry about how to get her, who to get her, how will I get my work done, I am out of sick days and it's only April. I hate it. I feel like I am not a great graphic designer and I am not a great mom. I want to be a great mom and I could care less about being a graphic designer. I wish I could be in the time when I was a child. Every mom was a stay at home mom. I want to be that mom and I would be great at it!

C is the reason I was born, ads in a newspaper are not!

Oh please... let my lottery numbers come up on Friday!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

No one should slam you for how you feel. Parenting and life aren't easy, but I admire you for who you are and for being C's mommy.

Hardeep said...

I find it challenging to be a full time SAHM and cannot even imagine how tough it would be to be working AND raising a little one - HATS OFF TO YOU - I really admire working moms.